- 5 tablespoons (level) Bread Pudding Powder Mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 1 tablespoon salted butter (melted)
- 2 slices sandwich bread (cubed)
- Grease a large mug, ramekin, or microwavable container. Vegetable oil spray is okay. Large mug/ramekin/container must be able to hold between 2-3 cups of liquid (16-24 fluid oz.).
- Cut bread into 1/2 inch cubes and set aside.
- In a small bowl, melt 1 tablespoon of salted butter, then cool and set aside.
Bread pudding sauce preparation:
Note: Steps 4 - 8 will be prepared in the same bowl.
- In a medium bowl, beat 1 large egg.
- In the same bowl, add 1/2 cup of water.
- In the same bowl, add 5 tablespoons of bread pudding powder mix (level).
- In the same bowl, add melted butter and whisk mixture together until smooth.
- In the same bowl, add cubed bread, toss gently with a spoon, and thoroughly soak bread with sauce.
- Place soaked cubed bread into desired greased mug, ramekin, or microwavable container.
- Microwave uncovered on HIGH for 2-1/2 minutes until bread pudding rises (approximately 1-2 inches) and liquid is gone (recipe tested using a 1,200 watt microwave). A lower watt microwave will require longer cooking times. Microwave an additional 15 seconds at a time until liquid is gone and bread pudding is set.
- Cool for approximately 15 minutes. Serve warm or chilled; your preference.
Enjoy! Refrigerate leftovers.
Option: Top bread pudding with Hawaii's Best Coconut Syrup.
Note: Each 8 oz. bag of Creamy Coconut Bread Pudding Mix will yield approximately 4 Microwavable Single Servings.